Amanda-Users

Re: question about amcheck

2002-11-13 22:41:07
Subject: Re: question about amcheck
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: <direzione AT phitec DOT it>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:11:47 -0500
On Wednesday 13 November 2002 13:53, direzione AT phitec DOT it wrote:
>I have compiled and configured my linux box with amanda 2.4.3. I
> need to backup my data on big harddisks. When I test amanda with
> "amcheck 13nov2002" i prompts: " insert tape into slot 1 and
> press return" and this message is repeated if I press return
> again and again.
>
>Thanks for help
>Daniele

We'll need more data to define the problem.  I'm guessing that there
is a configuration problem so its not finding the tape drive.  Make
sure that the device (only one) in amanda.conf matches that which
*should* have been found and given a devicename in your
/var/log/dmesg file.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M