Amanda-Users

Strange problems with HP Colorado 20GB

2002-11-01 07:27:36
Subject: Strange problems with HP Colorado 20GB
From: Per Lundberg <per AT capio DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 13:18:15 +0100
Hey folks,

I'm having some very weird problems with Amanda 2.4.2p2 running on Linux 2.4.18 using an HP Colorado 20 GB drive. All operations seem to fail with an "Input/output error". The drive is detected properly, and I've tried using it both in IDE mode and using the ide-scsi module.

Any clues? (except for the fact that the drive may be damaged, I haven't tried it in any other OS except for Debian GNU/Linux)

(Please *send CCs* to me since I'm not on this mailing list. Thank you!)

--
Best regards,

Per Lundberg / CAPIO AB
Phone: +46-18-4186040