Amanda-Users

Re: Windows registry backup and restore

2002-09-23 11:41:36
Subject: Re: Windows registry backup and restore
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti AT echo DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:15:28 +0200
On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:45:45 +0200
Du-Wayne Rood <du-wayner AT discoveryhealth.co DOT za> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I want to know if it is possible to backup the windows registry, and if
> it is possible how to restore it?
>
> Thanks

Hi!
These are the scripts I used to back up the registry. They are based on 3 MS
programs found in the Resource Kit: regfind.exe, regrest.exe, regback.exe.
The registry is composed of files. Some of them are always loaded (SAM...),
others are loaded only when necessary (user sections). The 3 programs above
dump the files that are opened. If you want to back up all the registry you
have to use these scripts AND to back up the user registry files that are in
each personal directory.

Good luck :)

Jean-Christian SIMONETTI      email: simonetti AT echo DOT fr
SysAdmin Wanadoo Portails     phone: (+33)493004911
Sophia Antipolis, France