Amanda-Users

fullbackup

2002-09-20 12:02:09
Subject: fullbackup
From: Marcus Schopen <marcus.schopen AT uni-bielefeld DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:46:28 +0200
Hi,

I'd like to set up a second set of tapes for making a full backup each
sunday. My daily set with a set of 24 tapes is running from monday to
saturday (dumpcycle 6 and tapecycle 24).

For the weekly full backuo I have a set of 20 tapes. Amanda should write
a full backup to each tape, so I have weekly full backups for the last
20 weeks. Is this the right configuration to force amanda to make a
fullback each time:

 dumpcycle 0
 tapecycle 20
 maxcycle 0

Contab entry would be

 0 8 * * 7 backup /usr/sbin/amdump DudeWeeklySet

Thanks
Marcus
--

Marcus Schopen        (0>
P.O. Box 10 25 25     //\     Deutsche Zope User Group