Amanda-Users

Tapetype for Onstream ADR^2 120 and ADR50

2002-09-20 04:23:35
Subject: Tapetype for Onstream ADR^2 120 and ADR50
From: "Edwin Hakkennes" <edwin-list AT xic DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:06:07 +0200
Hi All,

As requested in one of the FAQ's I hereby post the tapetype output of my
new OnStream ADR^2 120 G drive.

This is a SCSI-LVD drive with 60G native capacity, used on a RedHat 7.2
machine with the standard
RedHat provided amanda RPM's. It works like a charm.

I also use an ADR50 drive, which operates fine as long as there is no
tape in it during the actual backup.
(Everything is backed up to holdingdisk first). In the morning I stick a
tape in and run amflush
and amverify. The 120G drive doesn't need this workaround.

Adapter Configuration:
 SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AIC-7892 Ultra 160/m SCSI host adapter
 Ultra-160/m LVD/SE Wide Controller at PCI 0/14/0
(Adaptec 29160)

I use stinit to initialize both drives at boot-up time. For
completeness, I post the stinit.def scripts as well.
It is called at the end of rc.local. (man stinit)

If you have any questions, please mail me at edwin AT xic DOT nl

I'll try to put this in the FAQ-O-Matic as well.
Regards,

Edwin Hakkennes

Zarlink Semiconductor XIC B.V.

stinit.def
---------------------
 This file contains example definitions for different kinds of tape
# devices. If the user agrees with the definitions, they can be used
# in the definition file stinit.def by changing the manufacturer and
# model fields to correspond the real tape device being defined.

# The common definitions that can usually be used

manufacturer=OnStream model="ADR50 Drive" {
scsi2logical=1
mode1 blocksize=32768 compression=0
}
manufacturer=OnStream model="ADR Series" {
scsi2logical=1
mode1 blocksize=32768 compression=0
}
----------------------

Tapetypes
----------------------
##OnStream ADR120 Tape specification (120/60 GB Tape)
define tapetype ADR120 {
    comment "just produced by tapetype program"
    length 57136 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 3205 kps
    lbl-templ "/etc/amanda/labels/DIN-A4-XIC.ps"
}

##OnStream ADR50 Tape specification (50/25 GB Tape)
define tapetype ADR50 {
  comment "Tape type generated"
  length 21056 mbytes
  filemark 0 kbytes
  speed 1579 kps
  lbl-templ "/etc/amanda/labels/DIN-A4-XIC.ps"
# lbl-templ "/usr/share/doc/amanda-server-2.4.2p2/examples/DIN-A4.ps"
}