Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and ADIC tape library

2002-09-17 21:56:31
Subject: Re: Amanda and ADIC tape library
From: Alan Horn <ahorn AT inktomi DOT com>
To: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Brandon D. Valentine wrote:

>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:18:54 -0500
>From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
>To: Alan Horn <ahorn AT inktomi DOT com>
>Cc: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
>Subject: Re: Amanda and ADIC tape library
>
>On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Alan Horn wrote:
>
>>We have an ADIC Scalar 1000 here that I'd like to get working, any help
>>appreciated. My big problems right now are with the output from mtx not
>>being understood by amtape/amlabel etc...
>
>Are you using chg-zd-mtx or chg-mtx?  Read TAPE.CHANGERS and make sure
>you've got the right mtx script for your version of mtx.

chg-zd-mtx.

>If you're sure you're using the right mtx changer script then can you
>provide more details such as copy-and-pasted error messages from
>amtape/amlabel etc?

Sure :

$ amtape test show
amtape: could not get changer info: badly formed result from changer: "0 #
15"
$ id
uid=500(amanda) gid=3(sys)
$

$ amlabel test testlabel001 slot 1
amlabel: could not load slot "1": illegal request

I've also attached my amanda.conf and changer.conf for 'test'

Cheers,

Al

--
                                 Alan C. Horn