Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and ADIC tape library

2002-09-17 21:28:30
Subject: Re: Amanda and ADIC tape library
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: Alan Horn <ahorn AT inktomi DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:18:54 -0500
On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Alan Horn wrote:

>Is anyone currently running amanda on solaris with an ADIC Tape library ?

Sorry, can't help you with the details.

>We have an ADIC Scalar 1000 here that I'd like to get working, any help
>appreciated. My big problems right now are with the output from mtx not
>being understood by amtape/amlabel etc...

Are you using chg-zd-mtx or chg-mtx?  Read TAPE.CHANGERS and make sure
you've got the right mtx script for your version of mtx.

If you're sure you're using the right mtx changer script then can you
provide more details such as copy-and-pasted error messages from
amtape/amlabel etc?

There is one in the FAQ-O-Matic at amanda.org IIRC.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
Computer Geek, Center for Structural Biology

"This isn't rocket science -- but it _is_ computer science."
        - Terry Lambert on current AT FreeBSD DOT org.