Amanda-Users

Re: amdump only to holding disk - how to do

2002-09-17 16:26:21
Subject: Re: amdump only to holding disk - how to do
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Edwin Hakkennes" <edwin-list AT xic DOT nl>, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:08:51 -0400
On Tuesday 17 September 2002 12:20, Edwin Hakkennes wrote:
>Jon LaBadie wrote:
>>
>> I think everyone who has an Onstream does.

>> Just leave the tape out, it will automatically collect on the
>> holding disk.
>>
>> This assumes you have the reserve parameter (reserve for
>> incrementals) set to a sufficiently low percentage.  The default
>> is 100 I think, meaning reserve the entire holding disk for
>> incrementals.
>
>Hi Jon,
>
>You forgot to mention to run amflush <config> in the morning after
> sticking the tape in.
>
>This setup has been running succesfull here for 2 months now.
>And I also run amverify after each tape is written. Just to make
> sure....
>
>In the meantine, I received an OnStream ADR^2 120 SCSI drive for
> testing purposes. This one
>works like a charm with Amanda. I use the ADR 50 for the daily
> backups and the
>ADR^2 120 for the weekly firebackup (offsite storage)

Watch those OnStream ADR's carefully, the ADR-30 in particular has
been discussed at length in somewhat less than glowing terms on
this list previously.

Jon, can you elaborate?  My mind, whats left of it, just triggers on
the name without any huge data recall.  Seems like it was restore
problems or some such...

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M