Amanda-Users

Dumpcycles vs Runs

2002-09-13 13:03:02
Subject: Dumpcycles vs Runs
From: Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 14 Sep 2002 12:57:15 -0400
You'll have to excuse my newbieness for this one, if you would...

If I have a dumpcycle of 7 days, with 7 runs per cylce, I understand
that I will have a full backup every 7 days.   So, if that's the case,
here are my questions:

1) How many tapes are used for these 7 runs?  7? or just 1?
2) does the tape change after every dumpcycle or every run?
3) I have 15 tapes, and I would like to use 1 tape per week, with 15
weeks of total history.   What would the dumpcycle / runspercycle config
be?

Thanks group,

Jay