Amanda-Users

Re: Measure and Graph Tape Usage

2002-09-13 13:27:00
Subject: Re: Measure and Graph Tape Usage
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:17:35 -0400
Jason Greenberg wrote:

Is there any way to measure how many bytes where written to the tape
every night?  I would like to feed the values to MRTG or something, so I
can see when I am close to using two tapes per dump.

Also, if the data is available, is it the raw uncompressed bytes, or the
post-gzipped bytes that are recorded?  I would like to see the both, to
measure my compression ratios.

Thanks group,

Jay

Yes, that information is available but you will need to be able to parse the email amanda sends you after she completes a run.

=G=