Amanda-Users

dumpcycle-runspercycle-tapecycle

2002-09-11 06:26:04
Subject: dumpcycle-runspercycle-tapecycle
From: Mozzi <linux AT mostert.nom DOT za>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:09:02 +0200
Hi all
When I set the following in amanda.conf

dumpcycle 1 weeks
runspercycle 7
tapecycle 7 tapes

Does that mean I will get a full dump once a week and encrementals everey day(7 days)

What will be the formula to work on here?
dumpcycle= period between full dumps?
runspercycle= number of times backups will be done(divided into dumpcylce)
tapecycle=number of tapes used in dumpcycle.

If I have dumpcycle=1 week and runspercycle=5 and tapecycle=5
Will I then get 1 full dump per week and incrementals monday to friday ?

Sorry for this all but I am writing a newbie howto and need to get my facts straight.

Mozzi