Amanda-Users

bug in amgetconf

2002-09-10 20:35:02
Subject: bug in amgetconf
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:13:55 -0400
Ok...this is really bugging me...is the config_dir supposed to be compiled into amgetconf? A preliminary look at the code seems to infer that it is as well as config. I'm having an issue with amgetconf (currently) in that it expects amanda.conf to be in whatever directory it is run from or you have to feed it the config to use. I'm having an issue with chg-zd-mtx that I have tracked down to where it looks for config.

when amanda kicks off her processes does she have them use $config_dir/$config as the base directory. If so then I think I'm ok...but I'm thinking this isn't the case. I have hardcoded my config into chg-zd-mtx but this is a poor solution. I'm continuing to look into this and any insight anyone else can provide would be helpful. Jay Lassert has already given me some leads.

=G=