Amanda-Users

Re: bug in amgetconf

2002-09-10 23:33:57
Subject: Re: bug in amgetconf
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:11:47 -0400
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:13:55PM -0400, Galen Johnson wrote:
> Ok...this is really bugging me...is the config_dir supposed to be
> compiled into amgetconf? A preliminary look at the code seems to infer
> that it is as well as config.  I'm having an issue with amgetconf
> (currently) in that it expects amanda.conf to be in whatever directory
> it is run from or you have to feed it the config to use.  I'm having an
> issue with chg-zd-mtx that I have tracked down to where it looks for config.
>
> when amanda kicks off her processes does she have them use
> $config_dir/$config as the base directory.  If so then I think I'm
> ok...but I'm thinking this isn't the case.  I have hardcoded my config
> into chg-zd-mtx but this is a poor solution.  I'm continuing to look
> into this and any insight anyone else can provide would be helpful.
> Jay Lassert has already given me some leads.

Not certain of this, but ISTR reading recently in the changer api
that the changer scripts expect to be run from the config directory.
In that case the amgetconf should have the amanda.conf available.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)