Amanda-Users

Re: ???

2002-09-09 21:37:29
Subject: Re: ???
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:20:09 -0400
Bort, Paul wrote:

Also, I currently am using a 7 tape changer (which I think I have mtx talking to nicely but with some small eccentricities). I currently have it setup as follows:

dumpcycle 1 week
runspercycle 6
tapecycle 7 tapes
runtapes 1  #I'm thinking of upping this to 2 or 3
tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # not sure about this yet

I had to write my own glue, but if you have mtx working, is there some
reason not to use chg-mtx?
ummmm...nothing...I don't think....I just need to look at them (gotta see the diff between chg-mtx and chg-zd-mtx). The only ones I've really seen mentioned are chg-scsi, chg-multi and chg-manual.

tapedev "/dev/nst0"
rawtapedev "/dev/null"
changerdev "/dev/sg0"
tapetype EXB-EZ17

where EXB-EZ17 is defined by:

define tapetype EXB-EZ17 {
  comment "just produced by tapetype program"
  length 18600 mbytes
  filemark 623 kbytes
  speed 2137 kps
}

The current plan is to set up the backups to run 1 full per week with incrementals (yes, I know amanda does her own thing). There are

This doesn't make any sense, or is incomplete. Are you forcing fulls and
incrementals with multiple configurations, amadmin force, or just letting
AMANDA pick the backup levels as she is wont to do? It really makes sense to
trust AMANDA if at all possible.
I plan to trust AMANDA...just want to make sure I get at least 1 full per week.

=G=