Amanda-Users

Re: HP Colorado, ide-scsi

2002-09-09 08:46:09
Subject: Re: HP Colorado, ide-scsi
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>, Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:23:28 -0400
On Monday 09 September 2002 00:40, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 06:07:49PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 08 September 2002 11:59, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>> >The second part of my question was what percentage is reserved?
>> >The default is 100%.  I.e. 100% reserved for incrementals,
>> >therefore none of those 26GB for level 0's and thus forced
>> > degraded mode.
>>
>> Whats the syntax to setup say a 8 gig reserve for level 0's, eg
>> about half what I have for holding right now.
>
>It's reserve "for incrementals", not for level 0's.
>The parameter is a percentage, not an amount.
>
>In your case I guess:
>
>       reserve 50
>
>Would not let level 0's use MORE THAN 8GB of 16GB.
>Any scheduled level 0's beyond that would switch to degraded mode.

Thanks Jon.  I'd *assume* that goes in the holding disk description
section of amanda.conf?

There is no mention of this keyword in my current .conf.  Ahh, no,
its not in the holding disk description, but below them, and
commented out.  I gotta learn to use grep more often :-)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M