Amanda-Users

Mixing Amanda versions

2002-09-07 18:59:11
Subject: Mixing Amanda versions
From: Niall O Broin <niall AT magicgoeshere DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 23:43:11 +0100
I posted a question about starting to use the file: device and having
problems backing up some filesystems, including all those over 2GB in size.
As I was starting to do some more tests I realised that I may have some more
pertinent information. I have amanda-2.4.3b4 installed only on the server
which is using the file: driver. On the other server and all the clients I
have amanda-2.4.2p2. Is there any likeliehood that this mixing and matching
may be part of my problem ? I thought that to test the file: driver I'd only
need to upgrade the server to 2.4.3b4 (because the clients are still doing
the same thing i.e. producing a compressed tar file on stdout) but perhaps
I'm completely wrong there ?

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin