Amanda-Users

connection times out every night?

2002-09-06 11:15:35
Subject: connection times out every night?
From: Chris Johnson <chris AT sebis DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 09:58:28 -0500
Hi again group,
My amanda configuration is finally working pretty good. But I seem to be having trouble with a couple of hosts on my network. Two of my servers always time out when running 'amdump'. They check ok (amcheck -c) but will never transfer the dump. Both of the machines are compaq proliant computers using the buil-on network cards (tlan.o module). Most of my servers use dual intel Pro cards but I do have one other machine with the same nic and he always backups just fine. From what I can tell all the systems are setup the same and I even compiled the client from the newest source on both of the problem children. From what I've seen the logs have no usefull info.
Has anyone seen any problems like this?
I'm thinking it's the nic card but I'm not sure?

first I get this error for both machines.

jax.sebis. /usr lev 0 FAILED [mesg read: Connection timed out]

then I get this for the rest of the filesystems.

jax.sebis. /var lev 1 FAILED [could not connect to jax.sebis.com]

Thanks to all,
chrisj