Amanda-Users

Tape technology

2002-09-06 04:55:50
Subject: Tape technology
From: Brian Jonnes <brian AT init.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:43:25 +0200
Hi all,

Perhaps this is not quite the place for this question, but I hope it won't
offend anyone ;)

I will be looking to get a new tape drive, but am not very familiar with the
current technology. I have heard of DDS, DAT and have used Travan. As far as
I'm concerned, the Travan is out of the question, 'cause the tapes are so
expensive (and apparently they are now obsolete?).

So; what are the opinions of this list? (<BEGIN FLAME>...?)

..Brian
--
Init Systems  -  Linux consulting
031 767-0139    082 769-2320    brian AT init.co DOT za