Amanda-Users

RE: statistics

2002-09-05 01:06:00
Subject: RE: statistics
From: "Chris Herrmann" <chris AT faredge.com DOT au>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:52:50 +1000
Thanks Gene! Hopefully you've answered my question without me needed to ask
it :o)

I'm assuming I need to upgrade tar on the client machine, not the amanda
server...?

Are there any source tarballs of tar floating around? The tar located:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/tar/

is 1.13.19

which comes with RH7.1... there's an rpm for 1.13.25 but i'll need to
upgrade some libs
error: failed dependencies:
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.3)   is needed by tar-1.13.25-4

which I'm not keen to do unless I really have to.

Cheers,

Chris