Amanda-Users

Re: could not get changer info

2002-08-29 15:43:40
Subject: Re: could not get changer info
From: John Koenig <jfkoenig AT vipb DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:22:11 -0700
I have tried other scripts and have had no success but this is the one I
have put the most time into because I know the machine uses scsi commands

the amanda changer is middle-ware between the amanda software such as amtape and the media changing software.

Therefore one's decision is not based upon transport but instead based upon which amanda glue code is designed to handle the communication protocol with the media changer which is abstracting those details of the transport and the OS's interface make it go.

HTH