Amanda-Users

Re: could not get changer info

2002-08-28 17:44:29
Subject: Re: could not get changer info
From: Chris Johnson <chris AT sebis DOT com>
To: Chris Bourne <cbourne AT xapnet DOT com>, amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:34:38 -0500
Chris,
Have you tried any other scripts? Has this worked before or are you trying to get the changer to work for the first time? For my ADIC fastor 4000 the changer is /dev/sg0 and the drive is /dev/st0. I've been using the chg-zd-mtx script.
I hope that this helps.
chrisj

Chris Bourne wrote:

Hello,

I need help with figuring out why amanda is giving me these errors. First off I am using Sony 20/40G dgd 150p tapes on a Dell powervault 120T DDS-4 autoloader on RedHat 7.2. I am using a chg-scsi config..

Does anyone know what this error means

"could not get changer info" which I got from the output of this command......

bash-2.05$ /usr/sbin/amtape DailySet1 label DailySet101

amtape: scanning for tape with label DailySet101
amtape: could not get changer info: open: /dev/sg1: Success

I cannot get the tapes to change.

 Any help thanks,

Chris

Chris Bourne