Amanda-Users

Question in regards to Label Printing.

2002-08-27 17:52:05
Subject: Question in regards to Label Printing.
From: "Alex Specogna" <alex.specogna AT cryptologic DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:39:46 -0400
Good Day

I am a newbie with Amanda so please forgive my ignorance if the answer to this
question is more obvious than it appears to me.

I have set Amanda 2.4.3b3 up on a FreeBSD 4.4 box.  I have it successfully
backing up a test network and I am very pleased with
the results.  Now comes the next step cataloging and labeling my tapes.

I have tried to setup Amanda to print DLT labels (using the built-in DLT.ps
template) the catch here is that I do not want to
print directly to a printer.  I would like to print it to a file (We like to
keep everything digitally)

Below is an excerpt from my amanda.conf file.  If anyone has any suggestions on
how to make this work I would be very happy to
hear them.  I have spent the past 4 hours searching the list with no luck.

Thanks!

tapetype DLT            # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)
define tapetype DLT {
    comment "DLT tape drives"
    lbl-templ "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Backup/DLT.ps"
    length 40000 mbytes         # 20 Gig tapes
    filemark 2000 kbytes        # I don't know what this means
    speed 1536 kbytes           # 1.5 Mb/s
}