Amanda-Users

changer.conf

2002-08-27 16:14:53
Subject: changer.conf
From: "Craig Hancock chancock AT bsd.uchicago DOT edu" <chancock AT delphi.bsd.uchicago DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:59:34 -0500
I am just curious all the people that use amanda on this list
what changer do you prefer. I am currently using chg-zd-mtx,
but highly thinking about changing my problem is this

I am trying to create 2 configs one setup for directories that
don't change very much and another config for directories or
host that modifiy data alot.

So since I ahve a 40 tape library unit with 2 tapes inside it.

I split the library in half( for now) and use one
tape drive for each config.

When I specify the first slot in my changer.conf file
on the second config it seems to always load the tape
in slot one and not in slot 19 and I don't understand why.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appricated

Craig Hancock