Amanda-Users

Which tapetype to use?

2002-08-26 21:00:23
Subject: Which tapetype to use?
From: "Bill Wagner" <bwagner AT potpie DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:36:01 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone have a tapetype definition for a Compaq Storageworks SSL2020
(AKA Overland AIT LibraryPro AIT-2)?  According to the manufacturer docs,
it has a transfer rate of 21.6 GB/hr native or 56.1 GB/hr compressed.  I
was just going to write my own which consists of:

define tapetype LibraryPro {
    comment "Overland AIT Library Pro / Compaq Storageworks SSL2020"
    length 50000 mbytes
    filemark 100 kbytes         # don't know a better value
    speed 100 kbytes            # dito
}

But I don't know about the filemark or how to calculate the speed for this
device.  Can anyone provide any insight?

Bill
--
Did you hear that, Marge?  She called me a baboon!  The stupidest,
ugliest, smelliest ape of them all!

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Lisa's Substitute