Amanda-Users

magazine article - spectra logic treefrog

2002-08-25 13:47:03
Subject: magazine article - spectra logic treefrog
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:27:17 -0400
If you are using the Spectra Logic TreeFrog changer,
the following may be of interest.

In the August Issue of SysAdmin magazine, in her Q+A column,
Amy Rich answered the following:

  Q. We were looking for a cheap backup solution for our small
     office and we've decided to use Amanda. Our dump host is a pokey
     old SPARC 20 running Solaris 8 with a Spectra Logic Treefrog
     attached to it. I've installed the software on the server and on
     the clients, but I'm having issues dealing with the tape drive. I
     am looking for a changer script that would play well with the
     Treefrog. Do you know of anything that might work?

Ms. Rich's response included a note on the hardware configuration, setting
up the Solaris sgen driver, and an extensive perl script that could be used
as a "treefrog" specific replacement for chg-mtx.

The article is online at www.sysadminmag.com.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)