Amanda-Users

Re: backup of windows machine question

2002-08-23 10:31:21
Subject: Re: backup of windows machine question
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: ben <ben AT stonehenge-net DOT com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:14:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 at 2:40pm, ben wrote

> up system files that are open, which is fine.  My question is whether
> anyone has found an easy way to keep amanda from trying to back these up?
> My users have fairly fixed work habbits, which include spamming files all
> over the place, so i was hoping i could just tell amanda "ignore
> everything in this directory".

>From docs/SAMBA:

Smbclient only supports excluding a single file from the command line,
not a file of patterns like GNU tar.  So "exclude" is supported from a
dumptype but not "exclude list".

So you should be able to exclude a directory (a single entry) in your
dumptype via "exclude".  In fact, I do:

define dumptype comp-high-smb {
    global
    comment "important partitions via tar (e.g. for samba)"
    compress client best
    priority medium
    exclude "./RECYCLER"
}