Amanda-Users

Re: curious

2002-08-21 03:41:13
Subject: Re: curious
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti AT echo DOT fr>
To: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:21:47 +0200
Hi!
Go search for "amanda win32" on SourceForge... There is a Win32 client for
Amanda. You will need to make stuff around it to make sure it works (about a 2
week work for me) and go backup!
And if you manage to use this client, you will be able to save data, but also
filesystems rights (specific to WinNT) and bizarre filenames (I'm French, I
have accentuated characters in filenames, that Samba really doesn't like).
But it is NOT compatible with Win9x... juste NTx ...

Jean-Christian SIMONETTI      email: simonetti AT echo DOT fr
SysAdmin Wanadoo Portails     phone: (+33)492283200 (standard)
Sophia Antipolis, France