Amanda-Users

Re: Disklist - partial directory backup - advice please

2002-08-19 15:18:35
Subject: Re: Disklist - partial directory backup - advice please
From: Kirk Strauser <kirk AT strauser DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 19 Aug 2002 13:06:27 -0500
At 2002-08-19T16:00:21Z, Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk> writes:

> I only what to omit the /dumps folders.
>
> I think I will have to create them in a separate partition.

Try this:

1) Create a new dumptype with an "exclude list" option.  For example:

 define dumptype compressed-tar-with-excludes {
     compressed-tar
     comment "Non-root partitions without compression, plus an exclude list"
     exclude list ".amanda.excludes"
 }

2) Edit the file specified above.  For example:

 root@kanga:/usr/share/media# cat .amanda.excludes
 ./music/all

   That will cause Amanda to skip the files/directories listed in the
   exclude file.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/