Amanda-Users

amrecover unable to connect to remote client

2002-08-18 00:45:20
Subject: amrecover unable to connect to remote client
From: Mark Cooke <segfault AT blueyonder.co DOT uk>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 18 Aug 2002 05:16:44 +0100
Hi,

I have just tried to restore some files from my tape server to my client
and keep getting connection refused ( I ended up restoring them to the
tape server at a tmp location and then using scp to get them to the
client)

Am I correct in thinking that to restore to clients you have to have
amandaidx as well as amanda in /etc/xinetd.d in the clients xinetd.d
directory ? (thus using RH, you have to install amanda-server rpm as
well)

as I have specified in both .amandahosts that root can connect (just in
case)

cheers

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;