Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover unable to connect to remote client

2002-08-18 01:25:07
Subject: Re: amrecover unable to connect to remote client
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Mark Cooke <segfault AT blueyonder.co DOT uk>, "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 00:11:28 -0500
You need amandaidx and amidxtape entries on the server in order
to restore. Note that they are 'stream tcp nowait' services as
opposed to the 'dgram udp wait' used for the amanda entry.  All
the clients need is the single amanda entry.
   You also need an entry in .amandahosts on the server of the form
client.domain.com       root
in order to allow root on the client to connect to the server and
restore files.

Frank

--On Sunday, August 18, 2002 05:16:44 +0100 Mark Cooke <segfault AT

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com