Amanda-Users

Re: Labels and Barcodes

2002-08-16 11:41:05
Subject: Re: Labels and Barcodes
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:20:46 -0500
--On Friday, August 16, 2002 09:08:07 -0400 Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink DOT
com> wrote:

Then how do you set the barcode?  Is it a physical label?  If my libary
reads bar codes, will it also print them?

It is a physical (usually paper) label normally on the edge of the tape
cartridge that is facing out when the tape is in the drive or magazine
(similar to the UPC code on most products that the cashier scans when you
buy just about anything).
  I doubt if any libraries print barcode labels (except possibly some of
the room-sized robotics systems).  You can either buy them from places like
colorflex or print your own.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com