Amanda-Users

Re: dumps too bigggg.....

2002-08-13 12:14:06
Subject: Re: dumps too bigggg.....
From: Chris Johnson <chris AT sebis DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>, amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:06:17 -0500
Jon,
   The disks are all raid arrays and are between 75-90% full.
   I have the changer configured in the 'amanda.conf' .
The tape changer is working as far as I know ('amlabel [config] slot [slot num] ' works and amcheck cycles through the different tapes.)
   I'm not sure If amanda knows to use more than one tape.
If I increase 'runtapes' in the amanda.conf will it always use that many even if the dump dosen't require it?

thanks,
chrisj