Amanda-Users

Re: using Netcat as a wrapper on solaris

2002-08-13 09:11:37
Subject: Re: using Netcat as a wrapper on solaris
From: "Adam D. Read" <aread AT localnet DOT com>
To: "Anthony A. D. Talltree" <aad AT verio DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:58:37 -0400
Anthony A. D. Talltree wrote:
On Thursday 08 August 2002 14:07, Adam D. Read wrote:

Inetd, Xinetd are not options for me to use on my solaris boxen.

Sorry, I missed that solaris thing.

Huh?  xinetd should run just fine on SunOS 5.

I would like to avoid using xinetd as I already ave most other services moved to daemontools and ucspi-tcp. This is also for several boxes, so I would rather not install xinetd.

If someone could test this out on a Solaris box and see if netcat + amandad works for them, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Adam Read
LocalNet Corp.