Amanda-Users

Re: amdump and tar don't work

2002-08-12 05:00:27
Subject: Re: amdump and tar don't work
From: thomas holstein <thomas.holstein AT heitec DOT de>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:30:47 +0200
Brandon D. Valentine wrote:

You must give tar directory names, not disk devices.  Rather than
/dev/da0s1e you need to tell tar to backup /var or whereever that
partition happens to be mounted.  Modify your disklist to reflect this.

I also tried using the mountpoint, but I get the same message as before

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
   samson.hei /var lev 0 FAILED [disk /var offline on samson.heitec.net?]

I think it has something to do with tar, but I don't know how and where
to edit the config files. I'm still reciving the messages that runtar
"[must be invoked by operator]".