Amanda-Users

Re: Partitioning new drive

2002-08-08 12:50:32
Subject: Re: Partitioning new drive
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:39:17 -0400
On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:09:57AM -0700, Keith Nasman wrote:
> I am going to be moving my RedHat server to a new 60Gb hard drive and I am
> working out my partition table. This machine is my AMANDA tape server and
> since 60Gb is obscenely more than we need I was thinking of alotting 30Gb
> for the AMANDA holding. That way AMANDA can put all the dumps in their
> entirety into the holding area. I am doing gnutar-nocomp-full on all my
> dumps which includes another linux server (home, var, etc).

I'd probably set the 30GB up as multiple partitions and use each as
holding disks.  The primary value is simple reassignment of the purpose
of a portion of that 30GB when needed in the future.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)