ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] delete volume

2017-03-22 18:27:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] delete volume
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:23:19 -0500
I'm confused. Is this an actual tape, or a "tape" in a VTL? What do you
mean by "VTL requirements"? If this stgpool consists of real tapes, the
existenace of a VTL elsewhere in your configuration should not matter at
all.

I've done this several times with worn-out real tapes. DELETE VOL
DISCARDDATA=YES and it has always gone into Pending status.

Sounds like a defect. Preserve the ACTLOG and call IBM support.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====