ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.2.0 data vs meta question

2015-09-18 09:52:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.2.0 data vs meta question
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:50:06 +0000
7.1.2.0

Recently, our meta diskpool filled up, and an admin who didn't know any better
saw that it didn't have a downstream tapepool (vtl) so he went ahead and added
one, to which the meta started flowing.
What are the implications of having our data and meta in the same vtape pool?
Is there any way to pull them back apart?
For future, can we setup a vtape pool downstream for the meta if that pool is
not shared by anyone else?  Or does the meta absolutely need to be on a
diskpool?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Backup/Recovery
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm