ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.2.0 data vs meta question

2015-09-26 08:59:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.2.0 data vs meta question
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 13:21:09 +0200
You might want to look into making some full VM backups for the most
important vn's to get the relevant metadata to disk asap.
I see to many people putting metadata on tape and using incremental forever
on tape with VE, it causes pretty serieus issues when the time comes to
restore.
When people implement it and test it right away it works OK but after a few
months things start to fall apart, especially when you don't collocate per
filespace.