ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server V7.1.1.300

2015-07-07 12:09:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server V7.1.1.300
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:07:28 -0400
Robert,

We upgrade our servers from 7.1.1.108 to 7.1.1.301 about 2 weeks ago, without
incident or the side effects that others have seen.  Our expiration runs in the
same time as it did prior to the upgrade.  I do seem to recall that sometimes
when upgrading DB2, it can take while for the indexes to be optimized (or
whatever) and until that happens performance may be sluggish.  We noticed this
when we first upgraded from v5 to v6.  We did not notice it for this minor
upgrade.

Our server is not error free - we are seeing more tape errors recently, but we
have no reason to suspect they are related to the server software upgrade.
More likely related to some new drives and/or tapes that we recently purchased.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Assistant Director for Storage Services   Fx: 607-255-8521