ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Stopping a client backup

2015-02-10 12:10:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Stopping a client backup
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [OITS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:09:10 +0000
I had used the CANCEL SESSION nnnn command from Admin Center Command prompt
line.

It continually re-established sessions and I finally let it roll to completion.
 That was for a drive that had previously backed up, with almost no change, so
I wasn't too worried about bandwidth.

The node I'm trying to test now is new, so a LOT of data to be transferred.

I don't have access to the node, it's several blocks away, no RDP allowed.

The node manager is "in house" today, but some political issues (partly based
on the fact backup didn't run last night) are keeping her in a meeting (getting
yelled at) rather than being able to actually work and help solve the trouble.

I'm confident the normal schedule for tonight will run, I have a successful
TELENT <ip> <port> test.  But mgmt on the other end is yelling/screaming.

Several have offered suggestions;  I'll fire off a schedule and try again.

Thanks to all.