ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cristie BMR vs Tivoli Fastback for BMR

2014-11-20 11:08:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cristie BMR vs Tivoli Fastback for BMR
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:03:37 +0000
FWIW,
I think the target app for Fastback is for folks who have TSM in the data
center, but then have remote offices that also need backup.  You put a Fastback
server & disk in the remote office.  That office then has a fully-functional
backup that's easy to manage and tapeless.  And for DR, that server replicates
its stuff up to the TSM server.  Its backups are block level so it's doable
over WAN.