ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cristie BMR vs Tivoli Fastback for BMR

2014-11-18 04:04:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cristie BMR vs Tivoli Fastback for BMR
From: Grigori Solonovitch <Grigori.Solonovitch AT AHLIUNITED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:01:23 +0000
Hello Eric,
We are using CBMR (without TSM initially) and TBMR now for many years without
any problems. We have restored a few production servers after real crash
including dissimilar configuration.
After moving to VMware there is no problem at all. We have just uploaded TBMR
ISO images to all VMware hosts to speed up recovery (without CD-ROM drive).
Support from UK is very good. Licenses and support are not free, but they have
some specially license policy for VMware to reduce cost in comparison with
standalone licenses.
In addition, they have presented Recovery Simulator recently. It allows to
simulate recovery in VMware environment (backup testing without touching real
VMs) for most valuable VMs or keep it scheduled at all.
I have no experience with FastBack and couldn't compare products.
Kindest regards,

Grigori Solonovitch, Senior Systems Architect, IT, Ahli United Bank Kuwait,
www.ahliunited.com.kw