ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Operations Center login page tweaks

2014-11-02 11:10:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Operations Center login page tweaks
From: Marcel Anthonijsz <marcel AT ANTHONIJSZ DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 17:08:57 +0100
Thought I'd share this with you all.

Playing around with the TSM OC login page by editing the file
loginText.html on a lazy sunday afternoon.
If you don't know about it, it is in: C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\ui\Liberty\usr\servers\guiServer on Windows.

Apart from the standard login waiver text I wanted to insert a company
logo. This logo needs to be transparent (png or gif) so it looks nice on
the OC login background. Now placing the logo somewhere on the OC
installation dir does not work (I tried), so how can I insert this image? I
am a storage and TSM guy, not a web coder, so I had to look around how this
could be done properly...
Of course you can refer to another webserver and fetch the image from there
but I don't want to be dependent on (yet) another server.
Images can be embedded in the html itself, I remembered from long time ago.
So after resizing and converting my image to 16 colors, I converted it with
webcode tools available at http://webcodertools.com/imagetobase64converter
and pasted that into my loginText.html. And presto! A very slick login
page.

--
Kind Regards, Groetje,

Marcel Anthonijsz