ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX Upgrade TSM V6.3.4.0 to V7.1.1.0 issue

2014-10-21 12:32:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX Upgrade TSM V6.3.4.0 to V7.1.1.0 issue
From: Bjoern Rackoll <backup.rackoll AT RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:30:16 +0200
Hi Karel,

> Next step is getting more disk space and finding out what the upgrade
> process needs with the user and PW for the account TSM server is running
> under (we sudo and dont log in with that account).

the Installation Manager tries to login to that account using SSH. Or,
to be more precise, by using a Java API for the SSH login. The
difference is that the ssh_config of the system is not honored by the
Java API (this is an issue in an environment like ours where a company
policy doesn't allow root access on servers where SSH uses the standard
port).

You can upgrade your instances manually if you can't get the
installation manager working at this point (you have to tell the
installation manager to skip the instance):

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.itsm.tshoot.doc/t_pdg_manupgrade.html

Regards,

--
Bjoern Rackoll