ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for VE question

2014-08-12 07:30:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for VE question
From: James Thorne <james.thorne AT IT.OX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:29:03 +0000
Hi Robert.

We had something similar recently and it turned out to be because the MAC
address of the VM had changed.  vSphere had given the restored VM a new MAC
address as the original was still assigned to the original (powered off) VM.
Linux saw this as a new, unconfigured device.  I don't know what Windows would
do in this situation but it looks like the network device on your VM has a
Windows autoconfigured address so perhaps the above is your problem.

James