ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Upgrading to v6 storage agent and TDPO

2014-04-29 15:19:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Upgrading to v6 storage agent and TDPO
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:17:59 +0000
We just finished our TSM v5 to TSM v6 server upgrades.  I'll have to say it
generally went very well.  Lots of work but no real problems.

Now I have to upgrade a bunch of V5 Storage Agents and TDPO setups.  I looked
at the upgrade guide and Storage Agent guide, but didn't find much on how to
upgrade them.  All the storage agents are at v551, the highest v5.  Let me ask
some questions . . .

- Do you have to uninstall v5 before running install.bin to upgrade/install to
v6?

- Since it's not installing DB2, is it possible to just run a smitty install of
the AIX binaries, instead of using the Java install.bin pgm?

- Any other thoughts/suggestions for upgrading a Storage Agent?

(Haven't looked at TDPO yet . . .)

Thanks

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.