ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading to v6 storage agent and TDPO

2014-04-29 23:46:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrading to v6 storage agent and TDPO
From: Grigori Solonovitch <Grigori.Solonovitch AT AHLIUNITED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 03:44:37 +0000
We have done this a year ago (5.5 --> 6.3.3.100).
For Windows TSM Clients:
1) stop all TSM services;
2) run TSM Installer from new agent;
3) start TSM services;
Notes: 1. Stopping TSM services is critical - reboot is required is any of the
services is not stopped!!!!!!
              2) There are some limitations for Windows 2003 (we are using: TSM
Client 7.1 for Windows 2008/2012 and TSM Client 6.4.1 for Windows 2003, which
officially is not certified, but required for TBMR  7.1).
For AIX :
1) stop TSM services;
2) upgrade TSM Client by "smitty update_all";
3) start TSM services.
Notes: 1) Maximum allowed version for AIX 5.3 is 6.2 (6.2.4.4 in my case);
               2) There is no limit for AIX 7.1 (7.1 in my case??);
For TDP:
1) for Oracle under AIX just "smitty update_all" for selected version (7.1 in
AIX 7.1);
2) for MS SQL it is much more complicated and you need to pay specific
attention for each used version and selected target version;
3) for Exchange see MS SQL.
I hope this information will help you at least a little bit:):)

Grigori Solonovitch, Senior Systems Architect, IT, Ahli United Bank Kuwait,
www.ahliunited.com.kw