ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for desktop backups

2014-02-27 10:39:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for desktop backups
From: David Jelinek <David.Jelinek AT CMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:37:03 -0500
We have used TSM for our Enterprise backups of our servers for many years.

We are now considering backing up our end-user desktop machines, but
only the user folders. Has anyone had experience using TSM to backup
desktop machines? What issues did you have to overcome? Do the end users
understand how to restore files using the GUI? If a desktop machine is
used by multiple login accounts at different times, does the TSM GUI
allow a client to only view/restore their own files?

We are concerned with both Windows and Macs.

Does anyone know of a feature matrix comparison of TSM and Crashplan?

Thanks in advance.

--
Have a wonderful day,
David Jelinek