ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Deduplicating & replication without a copypool : who has found a way to make it work

2014-02-27 04:51:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Deduplicating & replication without a copypool : who has found a way to make it work
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:49:18 +0100
Hi all,

I know IBM is (probably) working on a solution to be able to use replicated
data as a means of a data source for 'restore volume' type of actions that
normally require a copypool.

Pressure is building to find a way a way around a copypool on tape until
(if) this feature becomes available, at least from a commercial perspective
in somewhat larger environments.

Has anybody found a workable method to eliminate the copypool in these
types or TSM based disk based deduplicating and replicating setups?

I have been working thinking about it for a while but I can't find a way
around it, especially when deduplication is in effect.

I want to protect against major filesystem corruption and/or an
admin/script error erasing a (single) file class file from disk.

Regards,
  Stefan