ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for desktop backups

2014-02-27 11:05:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for desktop backups
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:01:27 -0500
We are currently analyzing the same desire/issues - have been for a while.
 Same idea to just backup "documents".  Just went through some dog-and-pony
shows of different vendors and currently CommVault is the leader.

My understand was for this kind of issue, TSM FastBack would be the way to
go (no, not the FastBack that comes with SUR - that isn't for workstations).

I too am interested in hearing how other folks are handling desktop
backups.....

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator